Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Downstairs tiles...

Today brings the tilers back & they are starting the last of the tiles to be done. The downstairs living areas & kitchen well everything except the Media Room & the Guest's Bedroom ( I just changed it's name cause that's what we are going to use it for). The other rooms will have carpet.
The tilers were cursing me cause the tile's weigh a whopping 10kgs per tile & there is 4 in a box. Our poor tiler his back was killing him so I offered him some Panandol but he had already had some.
They are a bugger to lay we stayed & watched for a while & could see why he was cursing me. This is also why it cost a lot more to lay even though they are bigger than the standard tile.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

E+R said...

You slave driver making the poor tiler do so much hard work with your big tiles! hahaha

They look fantastic though! what colour are they? I have trouble defining some colours...

danma said...

He loves me.... not..

They are the same as the bathroom & laundry floors just bigger, colour is Ash its a strange colour cause it changes depending on the light & what's near it.