Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Long thin windows...

We had problems with the long thin windows with the blinds, in hindsight I should have put plantation shutters but I got these so it's a case of live with it....
What happened is that the chains were made the same size drop as the windows but when you tried to bring the roller down it didn't roll down smoothly at all. So the chains were all changed to be longer to make them roll down better, it has worked but I don't think that I would have these again in the windows that are this shape.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I was wondering how to handle that window as well - tossing up between rollers and plantation shutters - so plantation shutters it will be!

danma said...

Hi Amanda, If it is a window that you need doubles on I would go for the plantation shutters cause they are difficult to roll up & down. But we have a few of those windows & on two of them I only have the sunscreens & they are fine. The council made us change the upstairs lounge & the downstairs room next to the dining room to those windows.