Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What's been happening....

There have been a few phone calls back and forth from the builders with changes that we want to make to the plans, just minor things like changing the door in our bedroom from a glass panel to a translaminate panel so that it gives a bit more privacy.

We also had a bit of a surprise with the water tanks, we thought that we would need 2 slimline tanks but because the house comes in on one side we are able to fit one 3000 litre tank down that side, so I think that will save us a bit of money and space. Let's hope so....

I have also had really good results with the tile samples, the large 600x600 tile I have had in front of the sink and it is being constantly walked on. So far so good it has taken all the wear and tear really well and it looks clean even though I know it isn't.

It's just a waiting game now, we need to wait for the plans and the hydraulic report and I am sure there are some other reports that we need before we can lodge our DA to council.

We sold a heap of standoffs at work today, about 300 of them, these are what I want to use on our staircase so I have to get enough for our staircase and hide them so that my hubby can't sell them, lucky the ones we sold were mirror, but I want satin so I am going in tomorrow to find and hide them........as I said before he doesn't read this, just as well.....

No comments: