Friday, March 27, 2009

The Brickies Have Started.

This is the side wall from the Laundry down to the Kitchen , the top half has not had the motar joints raked (I think thats what it is called, but if I have got that wrong don't shoot me down in flames). The bottom half has been done, the guys are so quick & they put two rows up whilst I was there, what amazed me was how they worked from the outside in and the last brick just fitted in perfectly. If that was me I would have had to move them all out to fit the last one in, I am certainly not known for straight lines. It looks like the scafolding will go up in the middle of next week and then they can start on the top floor. Hopefully all the colour choices will look good if not it will be Moroka finish for all of the dodgy bits!!!!
I was at work this morning & down came that clear stuff from the sky, luckily it has cleared up & those great bunch of guys kept going through all of it but hopefully it will stay away now. I thought that they would have packed up & gone home but when our SS called me to give me our usual update he said that they were working I could have jumped down that phone & done a happy dance. Now that would be a sight for sore eyes, anyway we have indoor cricket & swimming tonight so I will pop over tomorrow for a bit of a sticky......
Posted by Picasa

No comments: