Monday, August 2, 2010

You truly are amazing....

Jessica Watson that is...... Yes, we met her, she signed my son's back-slab & her book & I went off one happy chappy.....

She is lovely, very unassuming & thinks that she hasn't done anything that was that remarkable, well guess what?? I do, but after reading some of her book, she said that she had wanted to sail around the world as a 12 year old. My youngest is 11 & I couldn't see him sailing down the river by himself at that age, but if it was a jet-ski that would be a different matter....

He also forgot to tell her that 2 of his mice are called "Jesse" & "Ella" the other mouse is a whole different story she should be called "Harriet Houdini" as she escapes through the bars of the cage & then sits on the top waiting to get put back in, which usually is ok but the days that the Kookaburra sits on the clothes line checking out whats going on in the yard is the day that she might become lunch. So now they have a cage that has no bars so she won't be the Kookaburra's next meal!!!!

Kids come in handy sometimes especially with a broken arm, she signed his plaster & he also scammed a poster that she signed for him. That poster will now go up in the library room as I needed something for one wall.....

Why the black & white? well our clothes clashed really badly, plus you can't see that my hair needs some work done to it & all those wrinkles are less obvious......

Did you know that Jessica's Dad had a TV rental business & they didn't have a TV, so that got me thinking what would you miss the most if any of the electrical things that have become a big part of our lives were taken away????......well for me it would probably be the TV, then the internet & then my phone( but that's not electrical is it)..
I will leave that one for you to think over...........
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Belinda said...

Hi Danma! Lovely to met you - well see the picture anyway! Love your updates!

Bel :)

danma said...

Hi Bel,

Thanks Bel, it took me ages to blog that it was like this, should I, shouldn't I, well maybe, ok damn it I will.
Hope that rain stops for you it is so frustrating when it rains as soon as you start to build after having a drought for 10 years, so inconsiderate I think.......